The directors of Yolli Limited recognise that virtually all the activities in our manufacturing processes have an impact on the environment. We believe that our performance as a recognised manufacturing of plastics and converters of plastic operating at Blackpool & Fylde Industrial Estate will be measured not only by our profitability as a business but also by our impact on the shared environment.
Yolli Limited will strive to continually improve environmental performance and prevent pollution of land, air and water by eliminating the use of dumping our plastics in the general wastage that go to landfill. We have adopted the procedure of acquiring several methods of recycling our raw materials that are either end of run production or man made errors.
- We have introduced a plastic grinding machine for our wastage of plastic sticks.
- We have purchased a baling machine for all cardboard, paper etc that is used for recycling.
- We make deliveries once a day in the company vehicle, thus reducing pollution due to fuel usage.
- We have adopted a 5S system.
- We have introduced a split lunchtime/breaktime system so that machines are not turned off at intervals thus using unnecessary energy to heat them up again. Machines that are used continuously during shifts use less energy.
- We have introduced a maintenance system for our machines so that they run at maximum efficiency.
- We ensure that all our wooden products that we purchase are from sustainable forests. E.g all our wooden products are imported in from China and the Chinese Government control their own forests. This means that every tree that is cut down a new tree is planted.
- We have introduced the “Bike 2 Work” scheme encouraging our staff to reduce their own carbon footprint.
This policy will be made available to all members of staff and the public, through our website, reception areas or it can be posted/e-mailed on request.